Thank you for your support for The Run!
Let’s continue to Move Natural Medicine Forward!
Organic Connections Magazine, November, 2012
Davis Enterprise, 9/11/12
Jeremiah & Isaiah during The Run 2011
An urgent and extremely critical message was delivered to our country:
“To transform the nation’s health, the USA must undergo a paradigm shift in the way it thinks about health and disease.”
The “cure” to our nation’s health epidemics has already been found: Choosing healthy lifestyles!
Tens of millions of Americans are suffering needlessly, and dying prematurely, from often preventable conditions, such as: Alzheimer’s Disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer, etc., and living below their health and human potential – simply because of poor lifestyle choices and the lack of awareness of natural medicine options such as naturopathic medicine.
So, who better to deliver this powerful and lifesaving message than true health care advocates – the Godby brothers, Jeremiah and Isaiah. The Godbys, transcontinental runners and veterans of The Run 2011 (nearly 11,000 miles between four runners!), will once again take to the roads and highways of our nation to bring increased awareness of the preventable chronic disease crisis that is afflicting our nation.
Jeremiah and Isaiah are running to spread the word along the West Coast in hundreds of towns and cities as well as gaining national media attention for a healthier nation during The Run 2012. Each brother is running from opposite ends of the Western U.S. and will reunite in their hometown of Davis, California, where they will run together to the State Capitol of Sacramento. On their final leg of their journey, from Davis to Sacramento, the brothers will run side by side as a symbol of their identical purpose – to transform the nation’s health, one person at a time. These two young men will be running these extreme distances (for the second year in a row!) to dramatize that by taking personal responsibility for one’s own lifestyle choices, optimal health and vitality can be realized!
After four months on the road last year – from California to Connecticut – where they witnessed, first hand, the impact that The Run had on individuals along the route, they have committed to keep the momentum going by putting their time and bodies on the line to share in America’s best kept secret – Naturopathic Medicine. This summer they will once again run 30 miles a day for 34 days to spread this message!
- Jeremiah started his solo and unsupported (no support vehicle) 1,000 mile southbound journey from the Pacific Ocean at the Canadian border at Blaine, WA, Saturday, August 11 and will travel through Washington, Oregon, and California to meet his older brother, Isaiah, in Davis! The next day, together, the brothers will run to their final destination at California’s State Capitol in Sacramento on Thursday, September 13th, a combined 1,760 miles later!
- Isaiah began his 760 mile solo and unsupported northbound journey on the ocean at Border Field State Park on the Mexican border, Friday, August 17, and is running up the coast of California to meet Jeremiah in Davis.
Please see itineraries for more details: http://www.therun.org/run-2012/itinerary/
Public events, including fun-filled health fairs, and press conferences are being planned in towns and cities along their routes!
Get Involved: If YOU would like to move natural medicine and America’s health forward, please help by organizing an event with media presence in your area and/or host them in your home for an evening, please contact DrGodby@TheRun.org.
The Run is leading the movement to transform the nation’s health through healthy lifestyle and natural medicine.
Don’t miss out on The Run 2012 Updates! Sign up for The Run Newsletter – enter your email below
The Run: Moving Natural Medicine Forward, was founded in 2009, to dramatize and publicize the urgent need for all Americans, including busy health professionals, to take massive action and transform our nation’s health and spark a movement on Main Street America. In 2011, Dr. Dennis Godby, nephew Jonas Ely, and two sons, Isaiah and Jeremiah, took the drastic steps, of running, as a team, close to 11,000 miles, averaging 30 miles per day- – to bring attention to, and raise awareness how lifestyle choices and natural medicine is “the cure” to optimizing health for which we have been waiting! The Run 2012 is already scaling to become an even greater, needed part of Americana.
The US Healthcare costs for 2011 will be 2.8 trillion dollars! Yet, the nation’s health has never been worse. The steadily declining health of the American people is a national emergency and an unfolding human and financial disaster:
- “Because of the increasing rates of obesity, unhealthy eating habits and physical inactivity, we may see the first generation of children that will have a shorter life expectancy than their parents.” – Surgeon General Richard Carmona, 2004
- One in three American children born in 2000 will develop diabetes if they adopt the nation’s inactive and overeating lifestyle. For Hispanic children, the odds are even worse: 1 in 2 children will develop diabetes if we do not change our current system of living (K.M. Venkat Narayan, MD, from the CDC in Atlanta).
- What is especially tragic in the nation’s declining health is that it is mostly our own chosen lifestyles that are killing us – not bad luck or poor genes!
The cure for most of our nation’s health epidemics does not lie in finding “the cure” in a pill, but in prevention and altering our lifestyles. If America is to reverse this catastrophic trend of a sickening America, a paradigm shift in thinking is required – starting with individuals taking responsibility for their health!
We are already envisioning The Run 2013 in many regions of the USA next year. Where would you like The Run 2013 to be? Please email DrGodby@TheRun.org with your ideas.